Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pie in the Sky



While some people may have thought that I got into a car accident, or chipped it during brazilian jujitsu world championships, or defending an old lady who was getting robbed--the real culprit was pie. After finishing a delicious piece of heaven from Marie Calender's and setting the empty ceramic plate on a leather ottoman, I argued a strong point of some sort standing up. I then sat on the ottoman very enthusiastically. The opposite spot--where the plate was sitting--rapidly filled with air. It inflated so quickly that the plate was projectiled in the air and subsequently at my face. The force was so strong that it chipped my tooth while my mouth was closed. (Needless to say, it took a few weeks for my bottom lip to heal.) The blood started to flow, but luckily my dear husband was close by who helped me every step of the way. What a man, I love him. Especially since he would never make sarcastic jokes capitalizing on my misadventures. Sigh...

8 comments:

Sleepless Tyrant said...

hahahah That's so awesome, Emma! Welcome to the cool kids club of chipped teeth. Me and Marylynn welcome you with open arms!

TyandMar said...

We are so sorry. We should never have offered you pie. We didn't realize how dangerous it would be for you!! Hey, if you makes you feel better, the plate survived without even a scratch! :)

JedBoy said...

I remember thank you Tyler B.

JedBoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emchillada said...

Tyler J. You and Marylynn were actually one of the first topics of conversation after the fatal pie incident. Thanks for the exclusive invite. Maybe we could get into Club 33 or the Mickey Mouse Club too...
~Emma
P.S. We showed Dad & Shirley your blog tonight and they were amazed. We LOVE your pictures-wedding and nonwedding. Our consensus favorite was the Eiffel Tower at night pic.

jenn (+ will) said...

i love the last photo the best. you are such a cutie! i hope it didn't hurt too much.

Cal said...

From one chipped toothed to another, I once chipped my tooth on an axe. I fell on it at my friends house. Don't you hate when such silly things chip your teeth? I'm so sorry Emma. You haven't lost your charm.. you're still as cute as ever.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for finding our blog Callie and Jenn! I love your comments! Thanks for the support...I did not feel cute, that is for sure. : )

carnival

field

ferris wheel

carousel

blue

train