Wednesday, October 22, 2008

back east



Emma and I got to go to Boston over the weekend!! We'd never been and were looking forward to learning some more American history after watching the HBO series, John Adams. (Totally recommend). Anyway, we stayed with our friends and gracious hosts Patrick, Patricia and their little boy, Alex. We took the Freedom Trail that winds its way through downtown Boston stopping at various historical places that were integral to the Revolutionary War. It was quite amazing. Patrick's going to Harvard business school, so we got to check out Mit Romney's old stomping grounds as well. I got chased by a turkey while I was there. I wasn't expecting that.

We then got to go to Rhode Island. Neither of us had ever been. It's a quaint, charming place that reminded us of Bedford Falls for some reason, from the movie It's a Wonderful Life. It was a lot bigger than that town, but it had this small-town, New England feel to it. We went out to the bay and took some tug boat pics and ate Indian food. Emma really likes Indian food--me, not so much. But we had fun hanging out in such a small state.

Now, I'm in Dallas for work and Emm'a in NYC for play, and to see plays. I'm staying at an amazing Texas-sized resort that reminds me of Frontier Land from Disneyland. It's pretty spectacular, but I wish Emma were her. :( Oh well.

3 comments:

Sleepless Tyrant said...

Awesome pics! Give me a call, Emma!

Tyler Briggs said...

Nice pix bro. You're quite the photographer. I'm pretty jealous you got to go back east.Mar and I have wanted to go for some time.
Love ya,

Bug

mombat said...

thanks for sharing.....looks like fun and so interesting

carnival

field

ferris wheel

carousel

blue

train