Sunday, April 12, 2009

Passover PAR-TAY

At the moment, Jed and I are watching the Ten Commandments. Jed got it as an Easter present for us and I'm quite impressed. I've never seen it before actually and Jed tells me that this movie framed the way he viewed the scriptures and his experiences at BYU Jerusalem years ago. Even though the Ten Commandments may not be totally historically accurate....but they did try to use the most historical sources they could find, it's reminding me how much Moses's story was an archetype of Christ. In a way they are foil deliverers. Moses was the son of slaves but raised in the most elaborate palaces the world has to offer. He was called to physically liberate his people. Christ was born with Kingly lineage but raised in the most humble circumstances. He was called to spiritually liberate His people. The coincidences don't stop there--shepherd metaphors (Moses' use of a shepherd staff), rejection/banishment, miracles, etc...

Anyway, just a few days ago we celebrated the Exodus! This was my 2nd annual Passover feast. I am fascinated by Jewish culture and people.

1 comment:

Danielle Locken said...

EMMA! This is Danielle. Looks so fun. What a great idea. Passover feast, yum.

carnival

field

ferris wheel

carousel

blue

train